You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. - Isaiah 55:12
This Minister's Commitment to Ecology and Animals
To contribute towards supporting earth-friendly practices, I use . . .
- ceremonial garments woven or sewn from natural fibers and fabrics from one or more of the following origins: organically grown, raw, sustainably farmed, humanely raised, fairly traded, plant or animal or 'Ahimsa Silk'
- recycled paper
. . . and I recommend the following to you:
- try to buy your wedding supplies locally in order to reduce carbon consumption
- commission vendors who support sustainable and earth-friendly industries
- choose clothing and decor made up of natural fibers and materials, and purchase them from industries using sustainable and humane farming practices
- choose recycled papers and vegetable-based inks for invitations, programs, and seating cards
- avoid using live creature releases, as in butterflies and doves
- avoid sending anything else flying off into the atmosphere, such as balloons, as their toxic fall-out will soon contribute to clogging water bodies and endangering wildlife of land, sea, and air
All things by immortal power near or far
to each other linked are
that thou canst not stir a flower
without trembling a star.
- Francis Thompson